Monday, July 18, 2011

The Comfort Zone

One thing I always noticed is how people like to go to the same restaurant's. My family gets together its Fong's. When we order out at work it's Cafe Rio. With this person its this place that person that place. If you go to this town its the same place all the time. Don't even get me started on chain places.
Steak = Texas Roadhouse
Chinese = Panda Express
Mexican = Cafe Rio
Pizza = Papa Johns
Italian = Olive Garden
I like trying new places!! Most of the time its difficult to convince people to try new and unknown places to eat. A fact Mat and I talked about on our first date (extremely ironically this conversation took place in a Starbucks) and I found it an attractive quality that he also likes trying new and obscure places to eat. Further more two consecutive family eatings at Mi Ranchito where we ended up in intestinal pain and turmoil both times lead us to start eating at the same restaurant only once in a year. This excludes places with a drive in window, hey we have to make it easy on ourselves somehow! So far it has been great fun. Only 1 and 1/2 food poisonings with I'm sure more to follow! So here we are to share our adventures thoughts and amateur food critic opinions and maybe to inspire a few people to try the unknown.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Perhaps Daniel and I should adopt the same vow. We're alwasy saying we need to try this place or that place, but somehow we just end up back at the same places over and again. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background matches my bedspread,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the making of a good movie. I can't wait to hear about your eating adventures

    ReplyDelete